CCPHA and the California Nutrition Network
- Promotional Messages and Concepts about Nutrition Systems and Environmental Change (Instructional tool for nutrition education providers)
- Making Healthy Food Choices in My Neighborhood (Nutrition education fact sheet for community residents)
- How Healthy is Your Neighborhood Food Environment? (Nutrition education tool for community residents)
- Who Decides If I Can Make Healthy Food Choices in My Neighborhood? (Instructional tool for nutrition education providers that can be adapted as a nutrition education fact sheet for community residents)
- Strategies to Improve Access to Healthy Food: Action for Change
The California Center for Public Health Advocacy provided technical assistance and training to Regional Collaboratives of the California Nutrition Network for Healthy, Active Families (Network) during 2005 and 2006. Among the trainings provided for the collaboratives was Community Mobilization for Better Health.
CCPHA published a set of five fact sheets, collectively titled Healthy Food, Healthy Communities: Making It Happen in California, for Regional Nutrition Network collaboratives, collaborative members, Local Initiative Awardees (LIAs), and other partners.
The publication, Publication Overview: Educational Tools for Promoting Nutrition Systems and Environmental Change within Nutrition Education, provides an overview of the fact sheets.
The five fact sheets are the following:
As part of its work with BANPAC, the Bay Area regional collaborative, CCPHA developed fact sheets on healthy vending policies in Contra Costa County, Marin County, the San Francisco Unified School District, and Santa Clara County. In related work, CCPHA developed the Healthy Vending Machine Policy: County of San Diego Department of Parks and Recreation with the San Diego Nutrition Network.